Friday, September 3, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I finally got it together and uploaded some videos.
Before you get to see what you really came here for you get a quick little recap of how we’re doing here in Vegas.
- We go swimming All.The.Time. Almost everyday. So many people have been so nice to let us come over and play in their pool. And we have a fun little pool/waterpark two minutes from the house.
- Piper is loving all the attention she gets here. So many hugs and kisses!
- Yesterday we went to visit my old roommate Crystal and her cute boy Matthew. It was so fun to catch up and I’m so glad to have them close.
- I’ve gotten to know a few young families in the ward. It’s hard since I’m only in this ward for the summer but it’s nice to have people to get together with. There are a few other families with babies.
- I’m finally starting to know my way around. Lucky for me Vegas is a grid so I only need to know a few main streets.
- Really, we’re good. Just hanging out and playing.
Here’s babe’s first taste of real food. Rice cereal, and she loved it as long as she was in control of the spoon. In fact, she’s still not a huge fan of being spoon fed. She’d much rather do it herself. I got some little crackers that I can just put on her highchair and she likes eating that way much better. I still only feed her about once a day because she only eats a few bites no matter what it is. *(And I have to say – you don’t have to watch the whole thing, nothing exciting happens. Calder isn’t very good at knowing when to stop.)
See the date on this? May 21. Only a few days after we moved, so go ahead and ignore the disaster in the background and enjoy the cuteness.
Baby giggles – no explanation needed!
Stay tuned – there’s one more from yesterday but it didn’t format correctly so it’s taking a really long time to upload. I’ll be up soon though!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Miss Piper has gotten so big and her little personality is starting to really shine through.
- She is so DETERMINED. She’ll see something across the room and want it so bad. She’ll try so hard.., but can’t get anywhere yet. This little lady is ready to move!
- She loves to EXPLORE. When I give her a bath she’s always trying to dive over the sides of the baby tub to get to the shampoo/soap/whatever she can see. She wants to grab and figure it out.
- She is HAPPY. (well, sometimes, and way happier than she’s ever been before). She gets so excited and squeals with delight. She has a cute little giggle and is so fun to play with.
- She is FOCUSED. She’ll sit with the same thing for a long time trying to figure it out. Her favorites are water bottles and spoons.
- She is LOVED. She is getting used to having so many family members around to give her attention. It’s going to be rough on this little one when we move to our own place and she' doesn’t have so many people to play with all the time.
- She SLEEPS! For the first time ever Piper is sleeping good at night and taking long naps. She can even put herself to sleep in less than 10 minutes. We love this!
- She is HUNGRY. We started giving her some baby food but she’s not really into it. Every time we sit down to dinner or go to a restaurant she gets so mad as soon as the food comes out. She just wants big people food!
- She GIGGLES. It’s adorable.
- She had ALLERGIES. Last week we broke out in hives. It was so sad – I’m not sure what caused it but think it might be citrus. She’s all better now.
- She is STRONG. She can sit up all by herself now. She can really put up a fight to get something she wants (phones, food, hair). She weights 18 pounds!
We love our tiny Pip-face!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Miss Piper had a rough time adjusting to her new home. During the move we let her sleep with us a few times and she was loving it. She’s always slept in a pack and play but I had planned to get her a real bed when we moved. She loves it! Now she’s sleeping all night long, can go to sleep on her own (only cries for 5 minutes!) and wakes up so happy! We all love Piper’s new bed!
The truck and all our stuff got here Thursday. It didn't take long at all to unload all the stuff to the garage and send the driver on his way. We also had some great family and friends to help us unload.
Piper's had a blast meeting all of her extended family. Here she is with her Aunt Becca and Uncle Davis, Great Grandpa Jack, Lexi and Aunt Becca again.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Happy Mother’s Day! It’s so fun to think as we’re playing with Piper that not very long ago WE were the tiny babies and YOU were the excited new moms - someday Piper will be a mom and I’ll be the grandma!
5 Things About My Mom (Ivy)
- She’s a great friend and loves to talk on the phone. When I was at BYU I’d call her everyday when I was walking back to my apartment and she’d always listen to me talk about my day.
- She loves to have people over for parties. Our home was always open to anyone who wanted to be there. We’d always have big Halloween Parties and Superbowl Parties. Somehow we always ended up with tons of people at our house. She taught seminary when I was in High School and she really seemed to enjoy having so many people feel comfortable being in our house every morning (even if she wished it wasn’t so early)
- She’s great about keeping in touch with old friends – and is a facebook and blog stalker! She’s always excited to reconnect with people from the past. She always knows what old friends are up to.
- After living in the same city for her whole life (minus a few years here and there) she up and moved to Saudi Arabia. Ok, maybe she was brought there against her will, but either way – left all her friends and family and the comforts of home to start over – and she’s loved it!
- She was so helpful when Piper was born. It was no nice to have someone here to show me how to be a mom. She showed me how to give the baby a bath and helped with the middle of the night stuff.
5 Things About My Mom (Calder)
- She’s wise. Plain and simple, my mom is smart and can always help me figure things out. Well, not regarding tech – but everything else.
- She knows the gospel. This kind of falls under the prior but is so important that it supersedes the general. Anytime I have a gospel question or idea, my mom has thought about it before and can discuss and help me find some new insight.
- She is kind. I am not as aware about the importance of being kind as much as my mom is and she is always able to help me figure it out and help me be better.
- She is helpful. I can’t wait for her to get her on Monday and help Ivy and I prepare to move. She has also helped make the move easy for once we get back to Las Vegas. I can’t even begin to number the other things she helps with all of the time.
- She can do everything – even if she forgets soon thereafter. I am always amazed by how much my mom has on her plate. Sometimes she seemed busier with her varied activities than I was in law school – and I was at the law school almost 12 hours a day.
Thanks for everything Moms! We love you so much!