Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Week!

This week seems like it's gone by extra fast! Here are some of the highlights...

Sunday I went into work for awhile to help move some offices around. Rob, the office manager, went into the front office, I moved to a back cubical that I share what Sue, who only comes in a few hours a week. There were a few more moves. Nothing exciting, but I did make up for some of the time I missed on our anniversary trip.

Monday I went to a Tupperware party at one of Calder's school friends house. (It was his wife's party, not his, just to clear up any concern) I didn't buy anything although I did come pretty close to a few things. I figured I could get it on ebay for cheaper or get another cheaper brand that would work just as well. It was really fun - I was pretty impressed at how fun a Tupperware sales pitch could be. It almost made me want to have my own party.

Tuesday my grandma and grandpa had a long layover in Minneapolis so we got to have dinner together! I drove to the airport after work and picked them up and we headed to Chevy's for a delicious dinner. It was a lot of fun, I haven't seen them since my wedding, and I didn't get to spend as much time with them then as I would have liked, you know, with it being my wedding and all. Unfortunately Calder had class that night and wasn't able to make it, we did bring him some food home though. Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa - it was so fun to see y'all!





Wednesday I was supposed to have Activity Days and had found a game online that I had printed out and was so excited to try. It's a Mormon version of Cranium with fun questions and activities, such as humming a hymn for the other team to guess or making a temple out of a sheet of paper. I had also printed out the clues for 'scriptionary' in case the cranium didn't work out. After all my hard work, only one little girl showed up! It was one of those days where it could be expected (last day of school, stormy, dark) but I was still disappointed. Oh well, I guess we'll have game night next week.

Thursday was laundry laundry laundry. I had four loads to do (yikes! and there are only two of us!) Only three got done since we use the laundry room downstairs and we're not supposed to use it after 10. (I tried once, my clothes were supposed to be dry around 10:30 and someone came in there and opened the dryer so my clothes were still soaked when I got to them :( now I know, seriously, no laundry after 10)

Friday we tried to go shopping and had dinner. I really really wanted to go to the Saks 5th Avenue Outlet we have downtown but Calder wanted to go by Joseph S. Banks to look at a suit first. After spending some time there we got downtown and parked. As soon as we walked in the store we hear "Attention customers - the time is now 8:00 and the store is now closed. Please make your final selections and make your way to the registers." OH NO! I missed shopping! Even though they were closed, I made Calder stick around and browse with me until the workers were giving us dirty looks. I saw some really cute things and can't wait to go back. It's still pretty pricey, but hey, $100 for a skirt is great right, if it's originally $500. After the shopping disappointment we went to eat at True Thai, which we had never tried before. It was not a disappointment. Delicious!

Saturday was a lazy day. We slept in until late and headed to Costco. That's become a favorite Saturday lunchtime activity since by the time we've walked around and sampled, we're not hungry anymore! This time we must not have filled up as much as we thought we did since our purchases resembled that of a shopping trip on an empty stomach. We got some more expensive than we can justify bottled diet sodas, some really good black cherry, raspberry, blood orange jam (it was a sample and has 1/2 the calories of regular preserves - who could resist?!), skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, and a few more unnecessary items.

We had a busy week, but it was tons of fun! I'm staying busy with work and Calder is enjoying his job and working hard at his summer class (it's turning out to be a lot more work than anticipated) We hope you're all having a great week and we're so glad you all read about what's going on here!

No comments: