Saturday, October 18, 2008


It's official! Calder called yesterday and accepted a summer associate position at Richards, Layton & Finger in Wilmington, Delaware! They focus on corporate law, which is exactly what Calder wants to do. Delaware's law is such that many businesses throughout the country are incorporated in Delaware, so he's excited to be able to work that environment. With the economy in its current state, we feel very blessed and excited for this great opportunity. Many of our friends have had a hard time finding jobs since many firms have significantly cut back on their summer hiring.

Of course we had to celebrate - if you know me at all, you know that I love any excuse for a celebration. There's a seafood and steak restaurant called Alaska right by our apartment that we've been curious so we stopped in. Calder had a rack of wild boar and I had a bison rib-eye. Mine was definitely better than his (I think he just got sucked in by the idea of eating wild boar) but both were delicious. The best part about the dinner was the Parmesan truffle fries. Holy cow - delicious. If they sell just the fries to go I'm in deep trouble!

We're excited to see what Delaware has to offer! It's another place that I've never considered living, but seems to be nice. Wilmington is about 2 hours from DC, 45 minutes from Philadelphia, and 2 1/2 hours from New York City so that's three places (where I've never been) that I'll get to visit for sure!

5 comments:

gwen said...

So excited for y'all!

Lily said...

Hey Ivy it's Lily Coffman, we're gonna be neighbors girlfriend!!
We love PA. Let me know when you're moving in.

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Sweetie...congrats. That is awesome. And that Hurricane Ivy post was the funniest. :)

Grama Linda said...

Congrats! That is so cool! What a fun, beautiful new place of the country to enjoy and explore. We are excited for your new adventure. Uncle Al and I just might have to fly out with your mom and dad for a visit.
Love You,
Aunt Linda

MaryRuth said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you!!! I love a good adventure! Hope its a wonderful experience for you! Be sure to see everything you possibly can!