Monday, May 12, 2008

This is what we have planned for this weekend! I'm super excited - although I must admit, a little nervous. I'll get to dress up, eat delicious food, and meet the people that Calder will be working with this summer. It sounds way more dignified and fancy than my Lewsiana upbringing trained me for. We went shopping a few weeks ago because I just knew finding an acceptable dress was going to be an impossible task. I was extremely lucky and found one right away! Now I have to find something to do with my hair and jewelry. I was waiting to post this until after the event so I could give you all some pretty pictures of us all dressed up, but I got impatient. Don't worry, the pretty pictures will still come.

I'm also excited because our 1 year anniversary is coming up fast! Three more weeks! I can't believe it's been that long. We're planning to go up to Duluth and spend the night in a cute little bed and breakfast. Costco has bed & breakfast $100 gift cards for $80 and I've been dying to get one since the first time I saw them. Duluth is a cute little city on Lake Superior that I've heard is really fun. I'm already planning fun things for us to do on our two days there. We'll head out the day after Calder finishes up with school and the journal thing, so it'll be a celebration of the end of the first law school year as well!

4 comments:

MaryRuth said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST A YEAR!! Holy cow!! That went by fast!!

p.s. I still need to mail you your wedding gift that's been sitting on my desk for a year now!!

Be A Saint said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun. I'm envious. And I think your "Lewsiana" upbringing prepared you just fine! It's done you pretty well so far. Have a great time, and congratulations on a wonderful year of marriage and survival of law school.

Susan said...

Don't worry, you'll do fine. Here in the bayou we can rock n' roll w/ all manner of high-falutin' folks!

But if you feel stuck for good dinner party conversation...you can always bring out a few Whitney stories, that should do the trick!
(Love ya' Whit!) :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

My philosphy on high falutin deals.......fake it to you make it. Smile, SMILE Smile.......And strike up normal conversations...I am sure they will love your accent and your personality.